Tulare County's third oldest community dates back to 1866... the year that Merrill Jasper and John Crowley established a general store at this location. The store was sold, in 1868, to Thomas G Brundage who made application for a post office and chose the name, "Farmersville" as befitting a town surrounded by small farms. Brundage and his son, Oscar, continued operating the store into the 1920s. By the 1870s, Farmersville boasted a school, a blacksmith shop, two doctors, a newspaper, a lumberyard, a saloon and became a trading center for farmers and ranchers from as far east as the Yokohl Valley. In 1902 the first church (Methodist) was formed. Hectic days were experienced in the early 1930s when the community became a refuge for migrant families from the drought-stricken middle-west dust bowl. Farmersville was incorporated as a city in 1960 with James Tornow as Mayor, Carl Waddle as City Clerk, and the City Councilmen Truman Qualls, Don Freeman, Willis Freeman, and Jim Stevens.