Erected in 1890, the International "Block" was named for its builders, the International Loan and Investment Company. H. J. Whitley and George D. Orput, prime movers of the Guthrie Club booster organization, were heads of the company, financed by New York and Pennsylvania investors. The Guthrie Club later became the Chamber of Commerce.
Lillie's Drug Store occupied the first floor of the building when completed, and offices for Oklahoma Territory were on the upper floor. A basement barber shop was operated by F. E. Knowlton, who developed his famed Danderine Hair Tonic there.
Stables for horses of the occupants were an adjunct to the basement. These stables extended out under the sidewalk adjoining the structure, and included stalls with harness racks and other refinements.
The building was one of several built in similar pattern throughout the Territory by the company. It gradually lost its glory and was condemned as unsafe in 1963. It was then razed.