Church of San Antonio

Church of San Antonio (HM2MI3)

Location:
Buy flags at Flagstore.com!

N 20° 12.844', W 101° 7.634'

  • 0 likes
  • 0 check ins
  • 0 favorites
  • 3 views
Inscription

Ruta de los Conventos - The Convent Route

 Templo de San AntonioLa edificación de esta capilla data del año 1846, así lo hace saber una placa colocada en la nave del edificio que dices "Manuel Guerrero hizo para su hija María Dolores y dedicó el convento la Capilla de San Antonio el 13 de junio de 1846. Yuriria, Gto." Actualmente la capilla es más conocida por el nombre de San Antonio pero entre las personas de generaciones pasadas, era común que la llamaran templo del Santo Sepulcro. La fachada de este edilicio está hecha de cantera y es austera. Se entra por un vano o puerta en forma de arco de medio punto; a cada lado de ésta hay una pilastra sobre la cual se apoya el entablamento, que es un elemento constructivo vertical que, a su vez, descansa sobre columnas o pilastrasPor su austeridad, el inmueble no cuenta con torre campanario, las campanas están colocadas en un elemento arquitectónico llamado espadaña, que es un muro aislado con dos o más huecos que se utilizan para colocar las campanas; la espadaña de este templo está colocada en el muro de la fachada principal. Sobre el entablamento, en la parte central, se observa la ventana



del coroA diferencia de otros templos de Yuriria, la nave principal del templo de San Antonio tiene forma rectangular, al fondo de ella se encuentra una cúpula bellamente decorada con pinturas alusivas a los cuatro doctores de la iglesia: San Gregorio, San Agustín, San Jerónimo y San Ambrosio. De acuerdo con el libro "Yuririapúndaro, escrito por el senor Jesús Guzmán Cintora, esta capilla fue un oratorio de propiedad privada de la familia Guerrero; misma que, con el apoyo del señor Luis Otero, obtuvo el permiso de
la Sagrada Mitra del Obispado de Morelia, para que en el oratorio se pudiera exponer al Santísmo y también para oficiar misa. English translation:Church of San AntonioThis chapel dates from 1846, it is showed on a plaque in the nave of the building that says "Manuel Guerrero did for his daughter Maria Dolores and devoted the convent chapel of San Antonio on June 13th, 1846. Yuriria, Gto." Today the chapel is best known as San Antonio, but among people of past generations, it was common to be called church of the Holy Sepulcher. The facade of this building is austere and made of quarry stone. You enter through a semicircular arch shaped door; on each side of it, there is a pillar on which an entablement is held, a vertical structural element that, in turn, rests on support columns pilasters.



For its austerity, the building has no bell tower, the bells are placed in an architectural element called belfry, which is kind of a hollow wall with two or more holes used to put the bells in; in the case of this church the belfry is placed on the wall of the main façade. On the entablature, in the central part, the choir oval window is observed. Unlike other churches at Yuriria, the main nave of San Antonio's church has a rectangular shape, on the background lies a beautifully decorated dome with paintings alluding ot the four doctors of the church: St. Gregory, St. Augustine, St. Jerome and San Ambrose. According to the book "Yuririapúndaro, written by Jesús Guzmán Cintora, this chapel was a private oratory of the Guerrero family, which, with the support of Mr. Luis Otero, obtained permission from the Holy Bishopric of Morelia, for the oratory to expose the Blessed Sacrament and to officiate mass.
Details
HM NumberHM2MI3
Tags
Marker ConditionNo reports yet
Date Added Thursday, October 31st, 2019 at 8:03pm PDT -07:00
Pictures
Sorry, but we don't have a picture of this historical marker yet. If you have a picture, please share it with us. It's simple to do. 1) Become a member. 2) Adopt this historical marker listing. 3) Upload the picture.
Locationbig map
UTM (WGS84 Datum)14Q E 277743 N 2236596
Decimal Degrees20.21406667, -101.12723333
Degrees and Decimal MinutesN 20° 12.844', W 101° 7.634'
Degrees, Minutes and Seconds20° 12' 50.64" N, 101° 7' 38.04" W
Driving DirectionsGoogle Maps
Which side of the road?Marker is on the right when traveling East
Closest Postal AddressAt or near , ,
Alternative Maps Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap

Is this marker missing? Are the coordinates wrong? Do you have additional information that you would like to share with us? If so, check in.

Check Ins  check in   |    all

Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.

Comments 0 comments

Maintenance Issues
  1. What country is the marker located in?
  2. Is this marker part of a series?
  3. What historical period does the marker represent?
  4. What historical place does the marker represent?
  5. What type of marker is it?
  6. What class is the marker?
  7. What style is the marker?
  8. Does the marker have a number?
  9. What year was the marker erected?
  10. Who or what organization placed the marker?
  11. This marker needs at least one picture.
  12. Can this marker be seen from the road?
  13. Is the marker in the median?