The Yuriria Cultural Center

The Yuriria Cultural Center (HM2MIT)

Location:
Buy flags at Flagstore.com!

N 20° 12.767', W 101° 7.866'

  • 0 likes
  • 0 check ins
  • 0 favorites
  • 2 views
Inscription
 Casa de la CulturaAmbos inmuebles forman parte de las edificaciones del centro histórico de Yuriria, la presidencia se encuentran en el llamado Portal Morelos. No se tiene documentada la fecha exacta de construcción, segun algunas fuentes ésta inició en el siglo XVIIl, mientras que una inscripcion grabada en el Portal Morelos apunta al año 1856. Pero existen documentos que indican que el edificio ya existía en los años 1852 y 1853.Un número considerable de casas cercanas al templo y convento de San Agustín, pertenecieron a familias importantes o adineradas de Yuriria y Guanajuato, por lo cual tenían espacios amplios y bien organizados. Tal es el caso de la casa que hoy ocupa la Presidencia Municipal: que sobresale también por tener un diseño arquitectónico atractivo, que se sustenta sobre arco medio punto, techo de madera y tejamanil, columnas dóricas y piso de adoquín. Adyacentes a la Presidencia Municipal se encuentran otros portales, también considerados sitios emblemáticos y de referencia social y cultural para lo
pobladores. Al lado de la plaza principal tenemos al Portal Hidalgo, antes Portal Zaragora,



donde se encuentran la Casa de la Cultura, el Juzgado Municipal y el archivo. Este portal cuenta con arcos de medio punto, columnas con fuste liso y piso adoquinadoLos dos portales restantes son el Corregidora y el Iturbide. El primero Corregidora porque, en la epoca Virreinal, aquí estuvo la casa de los Corregidores, lugar donde, en 1548, fue registrada la primera beta de plata hallada en los alrededores del Cerro del Cubilete, misma que dos años después se convirtió en la mina de San Juan de Rayas del Corregidor. Antes de llamarse portal Iturbide, este lugar se llamó portal de la Santísima Trinidad; tiene arcos de medio punto con molduras de cantera, igual que la cornisa y los pilares que sostienen el entablamento. En sus orígenes, el edificio principal fue casa del independentista Joaquin López Arias, luego pasó a manos de Miguel Ramírez Tinoco, quien lo convirtió en un pasaje comercial.English translation:Casa de la CulturaThe Yuriria Cultural CenterBoth properties are part of the buildings in the historic downtown of Yuriria: the City Hall is in the so-called Portal Morelos. There is no data showing the exact date of its construction, many say it began on the XVIII century, while an engraved entry on the Portal, points to 1856. But there are some documents that show that the building already existed in 1852



and 1853. A considerable number of houses near the church and the convent of San Agustín belonged to important or wealthy families from Yuriria and Guanajuato and therefore they had extensive and well organized spaces. Such is the case of the house now occupied by the City Hall: it also stands out for having an attractive architectural design, which is supported by arches, a wood and shingled roof, Doric columns and cobblestone floor. Next to the City Hall there are other portals considered emblematic and have a social or cultural significance for the residents. Next to the main square we have the Portal Hidalgo previously called Portal Zaragoza: where the House of Culture is located, the Municipal Court and the archive. This portal has arches, columns of smooth wood and paved floor. The remaining two portals are Corregidora and Iturbide. The first one is called Corregidora because during Colonial times, this was the home of the Aldermen, where, in 1548, was recorded the first vein of silver found in the vicinity of the Cerro del Cubilete, the same one that two years later turned into the San Juan de Rayas del Corregidor mine. Before being named the Iturbide Portal, this place was called the Holy Trinity; it has semicircular arches with quarry stone moldings, like the cornice and pillars supporting the entablature. Originally, the main building was



home of the insurgent Joaquin López Arias, after that, it belonged to Miguel Ramírez Tinoco, who turned it into a commercial passageway.
Details
HM NumberHM2MIT
Tags
Marker ConditionNo reports yet
Date Added Friday, November 1st, 2019 at 2:01pm PDT -07:00
Pictures
Sorry, but we don't have a picture of this historical marker yet. If you have a picture, please share it with us. It's simple to do. 1) Become a member. 2) Adopt this historical marker listing. 3) Upload the picture.
Locationbig map
UTM (WGS84 Datum)14Q E 277337 N 2236459
Decimal Degrees20.21278333, -101.13110000
Degrees and Decimal MinutesN 20° 12.767', W 101° 7.866'
Degrees, Minutes and Seconds20° 12' 46.02" N, 101° 7' 51.96" W
Driving DirectionsGoogle Maps
Which side of the road?Marker is on the right when traveling West
Closest Postal AddressAt or near , ,
Alternative Maps Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap

Is this marker missing? Are the coordinates wrong? Do you have additional information that you would like to share with us? If so, check in.

Check Ins  check in   |    all

Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.

Comments 0 comments

Maintenance Issues
  1. What country is the marker located in?
  2. Is this marker part of a series?
  3. What historical period does the marker represent?
  4. What historical place does the marker represent?
  5. What type of marker is it?
  6. What class is the marker?
  7. What style is the marker?
  8. Does the marker have a number?
  9. What year was the marker erected?
  10. Who or what organization placed the marker?
  11. This marker needs at least one picture.
  12. Can this marker be seen from the road?
  13. Is the marker in the median?