The quintessential businessman, Lou Lucke arrived in Havre in 1903, where he founded a shoe repair and later a clothing store and a dry cleaning business. He also speculated in real estate. When the homestead boom in turn boomed Havre, Lou and local contractor Cassius Taylor developed Havre's Lucke-Taylor Addition, where Lou and his wife, Harriet, lived in this 1914 Craftsman style bungalow. Designed by Havre architect Frank Bossout, who also designed Hill County Courthouse, the home cost approximately $5,000 to build. The interior features Italian marble and oak woodwork. The Luckes raised five children here, surrounded by family. Harriet's mother lived two doors down, and Lou's brother lived next door to her. When they came of age, Lucke sons Alvin, Louis, and Neal also built homes in the neighborhood on lots given them by their father. Harriet lived in this house into the 1970s, when she sold the home to a grandson and moved next door to the smaller, more manageable house originally built by her son Neal. She lived there until her death in 1981.