Home of Mountain DewThis is the former site of the Tri-City Beverage Corporation, of which Charles O. Gordon was the owner-president. In 1954 the Tri-City Beverage became one of the first to bottle "Mountain Dew", a clear lemon-lime flavored drink. Four years later Plant Manager Bill Bridgeforth developed a new citrus-lemonade flavored drink called Tri-City Lemonade. In 1960 he placed his citrus-lemonade flavor into the Mountain Dew bottles, which is the flavor in Mountain Dew today. The rights to this formula were obtained by William H. "Bill" Jones of the Tip Corporation of Marion, Virginia, in 1961.
|Placed By||Tennessee Historical Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, November 17th, 2019 at 4:01pm PST -08:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 377743 N 4019017|
|Decimal Degrees||36.30841667, -82.36176667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 36° 18.505', W 82° 21.706'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||36° 18' 30.3" N, 82° 21' 42.36" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.