This chimney is all that remains of the store, bar and rest stop built in the 1860's by William C. Daunt, on land owned by Louis Weber. The stop was a favorite of sheepmen, lumbermen and travelers in and out of the mountain area. The Daunt post office was established February 18,1886, at this location - the south east quarter of section 3, township 215, range 29 east. Daunt's daughter, Fanny, married Avon Coburn, who laid out the present town of Springville and built a mill and box factory at the Soda Springs. After Daunt's store burned in 1897, the post office was moved into Coburn's store at Springville however, the post office continued to be called Daunt until changed to Springville, January 24, 1911.