Das Historisches Rathaus / The Historic Town Hall

Das Historisches Rathaus / The Historic Town Hall (HM2NCJ)

Location:
Buy flags at Flagstore.com!

N 49° 54.283', W 10° 11.61'

  • 0 likes
  • 0 check ins
  • 0 favorites
  • 2 views
Inscription
 Das Historische Rathaus,
ein denkmalgeschützter Renaissancebau aus dem Jahr
1604 bis 1606 wurde durch den Schultheiß Sebastian
Leuer erbaut. Mit dem stattlichen Bau wollten die
Stammheimer ihr Ansehen unter Beweis stellen. Im
Erdgeschoss waren Markt- und Verkündhalle untergebracht.
Zum Dorfplatz hin wurde der giebelständige Bau über
einem tonnengewölbten Keller mit massivem Erdgeschoss und einem reichlich in Fachwerk gestaltetem Obergeschoss errichtet.

In einer zweiten Bauphase um 1800 wurde die große
Halle, im Zusammenhang mit der Nutzung als Schule,
in mehrere kleinere Räume aufgeteilt. Außerdem
wurde der Dachstuhl und der Fachwerkgiebel neu
errichtet.

In der dritten Bauphase, im späten 19. Jahrhundert,
erhielt das Dach nach städtischer Art als Bekrönung
den Dachreiter, ein sechsseitiges Glockentürmchen mit
Ratsglocke, Uhr und Kuppel, aufgesetzt. Die Ratsglocke
rief einst den Rat und die Gemeinde zu Versammlungen, warnte vor heranrückenden Feinden, flehte
bei Feuersbrünsten um Hilfe und läutete dem armen
Sünder beim letzten Gang.
Noch bis in die Mitte des 20. Jahrhunderts rief diese
Glocke zu Versammlungen



oder läutete, wenn das
Butter- oder Weingeld im Rathaus ausbezahlt wurde.
Im frühen 20. Jahrhundert fanden Sanierungen vor
allem im Obergeschoss statt, während in der zweiten
Hälfte des 20. Jahrhunderts nur noch zweckbedingte
Umbauten im Erdgeschoss vorgenommen wurden,
damit dieses als Rathaus genutzt werden konnte.


Im Jahr 2001 fand im Auftrag der Gemeinde Kolitz-
heim eine umfassende Sanierung statt. Im Wesent-
lichen wurden, wie zur Erbauungszeit vorhanden, im
Erdgeschoss die große Halle wieder hergestellt, das
Dach saniert und im Bereich des ehemaligen Gefängnisses die Toiletten im OG eingebaut.-



(English translation:) The historic town hall, a listed Renaissance building was built by the mayor Sebastian Leuer from 1604-06. With this stately building the Stammheimers wanted to prove their reputation. On the ground floor were housed the market and communal hall.
Facing the village square, the gabled building is built above
a barrel-vaulted cellar, with a massive ground floor and a richly framed half-timbered
upper storey.

Around 1800, as part of a second construction phase, the large hall was subdivided into several smaller rooms in connection with the building's use as a school. In addition, the roof truss and the half-timbered gables were rebuilt.

In the late 19th century, in the third construction



phase, the roof was given a turret, crowned by a six-sided belfry with council bell, clock and dome, placed on top. The council bell once called the council and community to meetings, warned of oncoming enemies, alerted the town of fires blazing, and rang the poor sinner's last walk.

Until the middle of the 20th century, this bell also called the town to meeting, or rang when the butter or wine money was paid in the town hall. In the early 20th century, renovations took place mainly on the upper floor, while in the second half of the 20th century only purpose-based renovations were made on the ground floor so that it could be used as a town hall.

In 2001, a comprehensive renovation took place on behalf of the Kolitzheim Municipality. Essentially, as was the case at the time of construction, the large hall was restored on the ground floor, the roof was renovated, and toilets were installed on the upper floor in the former prison area.
Details
HM NumberHM2NCJ
Tags
Marker ConditionNo reports yet
Date Added Monday, December 2nd, 2019 at 4:01pm PST -08:00
Pictures
Sorry, but we don't have a picture of this historical marker yet. If you have a picture, please share it with us. It's simple to do. 1) Become a member. 2) Adopt this historical marker listing. 3) Upload the picture.
Locationbig map
UTM (WGS84 Datum)29U E 414297 N 5528719
Decimal Degrees49.90471667, -10.19350000
Degrees and Decimal MinutesN 49° 54.283', W 10° 11.61'
Degrees, Minutes and Seconds49° 54' 16.98" N, 10° 11' 36.6" W
Driving DirectionsGoogle Maps
Which side of the road?Marker is on the right when traveling East
Closest Postal AddressAt or near , ,
Alternative Maps Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap

Is this marker missing? Are the coordinates wrong? Do you have additional information that you would like to share with us? If so, check in.

Check Ins  check in   |    all

Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.

Comments 0 comments

Maintenance Issues
  1. What country is the marker located in?
  2. Is this marker part of a series?
  3. What historical period does the marker represent?
  4. What historical place does the marker represent?
  5. What type of marker is it?
  6. What class is the marker?
  7. What style is the marker?
  8. Does the marker have a number?
  9. What year was the marker erected?
  10. Who or what organization placed the marker?
  11. This marker needs at least one picture.
  12. Can this marker be seen from the road?
  13. Is the marker in the median?