1890 - 1954
— Linden Avenue Plant —Founded in 1890 in Roseville, Ohio, Roseville Pottery Company was incorporated in 1892 with George Young as general manager. At the time, Roseville produced commercial pottery such as stoneware, flowerpots, and cuspidors. The company moved to this Linden Avenue location in 1898, and began creating art pottery. By 1917, all production of pottery was moved to the Linden Avenue Plant. The Roseville Pottery Company was among the most commercially successful producers of art pottery in America until closing in 1954. During its span of sixty-four years, Roseville opened four plants and produced an enormous quantity and variety of pottery made primarily from native Ohio clay. The hallmark of Roseville Pottery is its unmistakable dynamic and artistic quality, designed for the average consumer in a modern age. Roseville's great success can be attributed to its ability to blend commercial enterprise with the highest standards of ceramic artware production.
|Series||This marker is part of the Ohio: Ohio Historical Society series|
|Placed By||Iowa Art Pottery Association, The Ohio Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 27th, 2014 at 8:04am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 415028 N 4424855|
|Decimal Degrees||39.96958333, -81.99500000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 39° 58.175', W 81° 59.7'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||39° 58' 10.50" N, 81° 59' 42.00" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 2477-2499 Linden Ave, Zanesville OH 43701, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.