Jones Creek Baptist Church was constituted April 22, 1810, at the Jones Creek Meeting House near this site.
Original members of this church, all former members of Beards Creek Baptist Church were: Charles Flowers, James Clark, Levi Morgan, John Hall, John Bohannan, Martha Flower, Abigail Clark, Sarah Morgan, Fannie Lowery, Mary Howe, Mary Chapman, Lydia Bohannan.
The Rev. Moses Westberry was the first pastor of the church, and served in that capacity for 35 years.
Land for the present site of the church edifice was given by William Walthour in 1817.
Jones Creek Baptist Church was first a member of the Piedmont Baptist Association, but is now with the New Sunbury Baptist Association, of which it was one of the organizing members in 1866.