This Victorian cottage was the home of the Robert Borland Family. Built in 1890 by Dr. John S. Moore, D.D.S., and originally used as his dental office. The property was inherited by his daughter, Mrs. Emma Moore Borland. The Martinez Historical Society, working in cooperation with the City of Martinez and volunteers, saved the building from demolition and is continually refurbishing it as time and funds allow.
The Martinez Museum, opened here June 6, 1976, has changing displays of Martinez and Contra Costa County artifacts.
Dedicated in cooperation with
The Martinez Historical Society
Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13
E Clampus Vitus
September 23, 1989
Comments 0 comments