A way station on a stage line from Macon to upper Georgia in the 1840's; Post Office, Apr. 5, 1847 - June 24, 1869. Also, a cotton shipping point - the tavern an eating house for passengers — after the Macon & Western (Central of Georgia) R.R. was constructed in 1846.
After Federal forces left off siege operations on the Atlanta, Aug. 25, 1864, they moved in a wide swing to the S. To counter this moved, Hardee's A.C. [CS] was shifted to a line W. of here, between East Point & Thames' Mill & Gen. Hardee set up a command post at Rough and Ready, 1 P.M. Aug. 30, to observe this latest Federal threat to the M. & W. R. R.
Comments 0 comments