The Methodist Congregation of which the church at Seale was organized in 1842, were pioneer families with a deep faith in God and a clear vision of the future. This group was centered around a small meeting place and a schoolhouse located on the north side of the Federal Road about 12 miles west of the Chattahoocee River. This church was called Glenn Chapel, a memorial to the old preacher, James E. Glenn. The preaching place, a sort of community center, was established near the home of Sterling Bass. The Schoolhouse faced east and Glenn Chapel West, at what was known as the Sterling Bass Cemetery.
The Church was dismantled and the congregation moved to Silver Run in 1866, which date is the official one for the establishment of the Seale Church. The Church, originally built at Silver Run, was not on the present site, but was within the enclosure of the present cemetery. The present Methodist Church was built about 1876. In 1949, three Sunday School rooms were added and a later expansion included classrooms, restrooms, kitchen and fellowship hall. The sanctuary was remodeled in 1962. On Dec. 6, 1992, the Church's 150th Anniversary was celebrated and in June 1993, it received the Heritage Award at Annual Conference.