Pleasanton Heritage Site - 1852John W. Kottinger (1819 - 1892) was Murray Township Justice of the Peace from 1853 to 1870. His home was the Seat of Justice for the township; The northwest corner of this adobe barn was used to jail prisoners. A frequent visitor was Joaquin Murrieta. On one occasion he was distracted by Mrs. Kottinger's bountiful table, thus allowing Kottinger to make a hasty trip to a San Francisco bank. The bandit was deprived of the pleasure of relieving Kottinger of a large gold deposit.
|Series||This marker is part of the E Clampus Vitus series|
|Placed By||Joaquin Murrieta Chapter No. 13, E Clampus Vitus|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at 8:40am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 599445 N 4169049|
|Decimal Degrees||37.66323333, -121.87248333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 37° 39.794', W 121° 52.349'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||37° 39' 47.64" N, 121° 52' 20.94" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 200 Ray St, Pleasanton CA 94566, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.