Built in 1878 for John P. Clum, Indian agent, editor of Florence's first newspaper, the "Arizona Citizen" and founder of the "Tombstone Epitaph."
Typical of transitional architecture, the home is a Sonoran adobe with an Anglo-influenced roof.
William Guild, electrical engineer and postmaster, owned the home in 1884, when he replaced the wood shingles with a metal roof. In 1974, former governor Ernest McFarland renovated the house. Many of its original interior features, including an elegant marble fireplace, remain intact.
Listed, National Register of Historic Places