The Louisville and Nashville Railroad Company completed building this Mission Style depot in 1913. When the tracks were laid below ground level, it replaced Cullman's first station located on First Avenue at Third Street, SW.
Passenger service was discontinued in 1968. This building then was used by CSX section crews until it was purchased by the City of Cullman, March 23, 1990.
Restoration began in February, 1991, funded by donations from Cullman County Historical Society, citizens of Cullman County, and public grants.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places, June 17, 1976.