Confederate HeadquartersThis house, built about 1855, was the home of the John Morrow family, and originally stood on Cove Creek 9 miles south of here. On the night before the battle of Prairie Grove, Confederate General T.C. Hindman met with his division and brigade commanders in this house and made final plans for battle. The army left the Morrow farm for Prairie Grove at 4 o'clock on the morning of December 7, 1862. This house also sheltered General Sterling Price in February 1862 when Price's army was enroute to the battle of Pea Ridge.
|Placed By||State of Arkansas|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 5:18pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15S E 381945 N 3982920|
|Decimal Degrees||35.98358333, -94.30955000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 35° 59.015', W 94° 18.573'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||35° 59' 0.90" N, 94° 18' 34.38" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 582-596 Co Rd 80, Prairie Grove AR 72753, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.