Small Town LivingRidge Spring is populated by descendants of the early settlers as well as others who have discovered its beauty and friendly people. Although a public road opened in 1770 connecting the village to nearby cities, and a 1771 document reveals that King George awarded a land grant to settler John Anderson, the town was not incorporated until 1882. The town's name comes from the natural ridge on which the town sits and the spring behind Ridge Spring Baptist Church.
|Series||This marker is part of the South Carolina: South Carolina Heritage Corridor series|
|Placed By||South Carolina Heritage Corridor|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 7th, 2014 at 3:31am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 438734 N 3745167|
|Decimal Degrees||33.84500000, -81.66221667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 33° 50.7', W 81° 39.733'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||33° 50' 42.00" N, 81° 39' 43.98" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 12954-13098 Oak St, Ridge Spring SC 29129, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.