The building was later expanded, incorporated in 1876, and named the John Wesley Methodist Episcopal Church. It was later combined with another church and formed the present Wesley Temple United Methodist Church. The property was abandoned as a church and purchased by educators Charles and Jeanette Chipman. They later deeded the property to the Newtown Association.
|Placed By||Funding provided by the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore, Delmarva Low Impact Tourism Experiences, Inc., Maryland Historical Trust, Maryland Heritage Areas Authority, Lower Eastern Shore Heritage Council, and the Rural Development Center, Univers|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at 11:00pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18S E 447949 N 4246820|
|Decimal Degrees||38.36805000, -75.59583333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 22.083', W 75° 35.75'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 22' 4.98" N, 75° 35' 45.00" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||410, 302, 443|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 311 Broad St, Salisbury MD 21801, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.