1875 - Sheridan's founder, Eugene Rogers, buried friend Quincy Stanclift (1849-1875) here. Rogers soon married Quincy Stanclift's sister Adelaide. The site became the family's private cemetery.
1888 - Eugene Rogers sold two acres next to this site to Sheridan Lodge #312, IOOF. Trustees on deed: David Speidel, George Greitman, Josiah Hoffman. IOOF Cemetery established here.
1921 - Sheridan's "Russian Colony" of 17 families established a cemetery on colony land adjacent to the IOOF site.
1925 - "Public Cemetery District #1" formed by county supervisors in response to a citizen's petition. "Public" soon became "Placer County." The district included all of present western Placer County.
1928 - Sheridan Lodge #312 deeded its three acre plot (including the original one acre private cemetery) to the District. IOOF Trustees on deed: Chris Haenny, Joe Ruffinelli, H.W. Covington.
1970 - Russian Colony Cemetery, also known as Sheridan Molokan Church Cemetery Association, transferred to Placer County Cemetery District #1 by Trustees Jack Susoeff, Wm. Bogdonoff, Wm. Popoff.