Built by John Crutcher in 1847 on the Plaza de Commercio in San Felipe, this was the last store built in the town after its 1836 burning by military order. Purchased in 1867 by Dr. J.J. Josey, it was in continuous operation as a store until 1942. The building has been relocated a number of times. Josey, in 1880, moved the store one mile east to a new location on the Texas Western Narrow Gauge Railroad. In 1962 the structure was returned to its original site and restored for use as a museum. It was moved to the Stephen F. Austin State Park in 1969.Josey Store MuseumLast store in San Felipe. Built 1847, after town's 1836 burning by military order.
Moved 1 mile east to T.W.N.G. Railroad, 1880. Moved back to original site and restored, 1962. Opened as a museum, 1964, by Stephen F. Austin State Park Association.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark-1967
Comments 0 comments