Originally, the building served as a Lutheran foster home for children, from the time it was built in 1925, until 1960. Many residents of the home were under the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Court of Chicago. While living at the Kinderheim, the children attended either the Addison Manual Training School for Boys, or the Addison Industrial School for Girls, which were on site.
Later, from 1961 until 2000, the building served as Addison's municipal building. During the 75-year lifetime of this building, thousands of people passed through the doors framed by this arch. Today, people continue to pass under this arch as they make their way to Addison's new municipal building.
|Marker Condition|| |
10 out of 10 (1 reports)
|Date Added||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at 7:04pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 417747 N 4642720|
|Decimal Degrees||41.93216667, -87.99211667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 55.93', W 87° 59.527'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 55' 55.80" N, 87° 59' 31.62" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 108 W Army Trail Blvd, Addison IL 60101, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|