On October 10, 1910, the original church, known as the Second Advent Church of Eau Gallie, was formally organized by the Rev. H. V. Skipper. Early meetings were held in neighborhood homes and in the Riverside Hotel, owned by John R. Mathers. Mathers and his family were the first members.
In 1914 a church building was built at 1598 Highland Avenue next to the old Eau Gallie Post Office. There were 30 church members in 1914. The Mathers, Goodwins, Booths, Thompsons, Carters, St. Clairs, Weldons, Bells, Simmons, Harts and Baxters.
In 1946 plans were made for a new church building. Much of the materials and furnishing of the old building were incorporated into the new church. The first service held in the new church building was on August 1, 1948 with only five members present. Mr. & Mrs. J. L. St. Clair, Mr. & Mrs. Albert Thompson, and Mrs. Sallie Bell. On Sept. 2, 1948, the Rev. Bixler conducted the first service by a minister.