Benjamin Logan left Boone's Road, April 15, 1775, following trace that became the final segment of "Wilderness Road." Logan's path ran along an obscure trail from this area to Harrodsburg, then to Falls of the Ohio. The intersection of the trails became known as Hazel Patch, a junction 8 miles north of present-day London, Ky.
Logan's Station established May 1, 1775. Also known as St. Asaph, the fort quickly became an important frontier settlement. In May 1775, residents sent representatives to Boonesborough to assist in the formation of the proprietary government of Transylvania. Logan's Fort later became the town of Stanford.