Mormon Church 2nd Alma Chapel meeting house, 1911. Sold, 1954 to Producers Insurance Company. First Campus Mesa Community College, 1963. Converted to a restaurant in 1973.
This is the site of the original Campus of Mesa Community College, which first operated in this building on September 11, 1963, as an extension of Phoenix College, with 330 students under the leadership of President Dr. John D. Riggs. This plaque is placed here to honor the past, present and future faculty, staff and students, at the beginning of MCC'S 25th anniversary year. August 21, 1989