(circa 1880-1945), Chemistry RowThese structures are associated with the evolution of Picatinny from a Powder Depot to a Production Arsenal. After the 1926 Lake Denmark Naval Powder Depot explosion, Picatinny rededicated itself technologically and architecturally as a Research & Development Facility. As part of this effort, laboratory facilities were constructed along Kibler Road, also known as "Chemistry Row". Colonial Revival was chosen as the architectural style for this area to be compatible with the original headquarters at Building 151.
|Placed By||Lake Shore Industries, Inc|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 13th, 2014 at 11:31am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 536773 N 4532125|
|Decimal Degrees||40.93943333, -74.56315000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 56.366', W 74° 33.789'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 56' 21.96" N, 74° 33' 47.34" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||973, 862|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 119-121 Farley Ave, Dover NJ 07801, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.