>>>——- >Here, about 1873, on Lot No. 1, S.J. Henderson built the first residence in Pearson, then the terminus of the Brunswick and Albany R. R. Successively the home of prominent families in early Pearson history, in 1905 it became the residence of Martin S. Corbitt, Ordinary of Atkinson County 1928 - 1936. In 1955, at the request of Mrs. Corbitt and her sons, the house was dedicated by the City of Pearson and the John Floyd Chapter D.A.R. to the perpetuation of the memory of south Georgia pioneers and their way of life.
|Series||This marker is part of the Georgia: Georgia Historical Society/Commission series|
|Placed By||Georgia Historical Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 10:49am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17R E 323782 N 3464141|
|Decimal Degrees||31.29830000, -82.85150000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 31° 17.898', W 82° 51.09'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||31° 17' 53.88" N, 82° 51' 5.40" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 36 E Carter Ave, Pearson GA 31642, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.