Of the six mounds identified on the early 18th-century maps of the Grand Village, three remain. Mound A is now eroding into St. Catherine Creek. Mound B is a pyramidal platform mound, roughly seven feet tall, built in four stages. Each stage served as a platform for a chief's residence. Mound C, also built in four stages, supported temple structures associated with mortuary ritual. The mounds were built in the Plaquemine Period, beginning ca. AD 1350, and were occupied until 1730, when the French attacked the village.