Historical Marker Series

Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West

Page 62 of 63 — Showing results 611 to 620 of 621
historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM2HY6_u-s-post-office-1882-1885-1890-1894_-.html
U.S. Post Office 1882-1885, also, 1890-1894. —. This was the first building expressly constructed for the Eureka Post Office Postmaster Frederick Aze, (served as Eureka postmaster for 17 years.) motivated by cramped and ill suited facilities at 612 Se…
historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM2HYS_heilbron-house_-.html
Heilbron House. —. Built in 1881 for August and Louisa Heilbron and occupied by them and their descendants until 1953. Purchased and restored by San Diego Federal Savings and Loan in 1974, this historic mansion symbolizes the emergence of Sacramento f…
historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM2I89_the-methodist-church-of-dixon_-.html
The Methodist Church of Dixon. —. The Methodist Church of Dixon Organized as the Methodist Episcopal Church of Silveyville 1858 Erected in Silveyville 1866 Moved to Dixon 1870 This tablet placed on October 9 - 1955 by Mary E. Bell Parlor No. 22…
historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM2ISQ_in-memoriam-nsgw-wwi-memorial-a-war-memorial_-.html
In Memoriam (NSGW world war one Memorial). . In Memoriam . of the boys of this district . who made the supreme sacrifice . Dedicated Sunday July 10th 1921 . by Claremont Parlor No. 240 N.S.G.W. . and affiliated organizations This plate donated by H.T…
historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM2JT7_covina-firehouse-jail-museum_-.html
Covina Firehouse - Jail Museum. . The firehouse-jail was the first civic building commissioned by the city of Covina. The mission revival structure was constructed in 1911 by pioneer builder Clarence Allison. When a new city hall and fire station was built …
historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM2KFA_japanese-attack_-.html
Japanese Attack. . Near this site, at 7:07 P.M., February 23, 1942, the California coast at Ellwood received the first naval bombardment of the United States mainland since the War of 18 12. var plainText = document.getElementById('inscri…
historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM2KS4_cape-mendocino-lighthouse-lenses_-.html
Cape Mendocino Lighthouse Lenses. Humboldt County Fair. The 780 prisms and fresnel lenses in this replica of the original Cape Mendocino Light House were hand ground in France, shipped around Cape Horn and originally place in operation at Cape Mendocino in…
historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM2N34_wi-ne-ma-theatre_-.html
Wi'ne'ma Theatre. "Women of the Braveheart". The Wi'ne'ma Theatre was built in 1919 and named for a young Indian girl who devoted her life to establishing friendly relations between her people, the Modoc Indians, and the white men. The first performance was…
historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM2N37_ferndale-cemetery_-.html
Ferndale Cemetery. . The Ferndale Cemetery Association was organized and incorporated in 1868. This 5 acre tract of land was purchased in 1870 from Francis and Grace Francis for $155.00, as its steep slopes made it unsuitable for farm land. The first burial…
historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM2NE6_native-daughters-of-the-golden-west-home_-.html
Native Daughters of the Golden West Home. . The Order of the Native Daughters of the Golden West was founded on September 25, 1886. In 1899, a Home was established providing our members with "...rest, serenity and an abiding place of affection..." This str…