George Washington Slept Here
Page 17 of 17 — Showing results 161 to 170 of 170
Patented 5th June, 1685, to Major Peter Sayer, a prominent Catholic. Later acquired by the Heath Family. On 14th May, 1773, George Washington "din'd and lodg'd at Mr. DL. Heath's" taking his stepson Jackie Custis to King's College, N.Y. (Columbia University…
Cedar ParkPatented to Richard Ewen in 1666 as "Ewen upon Ewenton." Brick house built c.1697 by Richard Galloway II around earlier frame structure possibly dating back to 1656. Known as "West River Farm" in 18th Century. Home and burial place of John Francis…
Constructed nearby about 1756 as a wooden palisaded fort, Fort Young, originally known as Dickinson's Fort, stood near the Jackson River. It was one in a series of forts authorized by the Virginia General Assembly to be built on the frontier to protect Engl…
Thomas Spurrier's stood at nearby crossroads connecting two important overland routes in colonial days (now U.S. 1 and MD. 175.) George Washington stopped here at least 25 times between 1789 and 1798. His diary noted July 18, 1795: "Dined and lodged at Spur…
Originally the Inn of Lt. Constant Booth built circa 1740 on Sterling Creek in the Village of Sterling (Greenport).
Moved about 1810 to North Road and became home of Orange Webb.
Later acquired by George R. Latham and again moved in 1955 to Orient via bar…
Was born in this house in 1760.
He was George Washington's Secretary
from 1783 to 1799.
Washington visited here in 1789.
This tablet is placed by the Society
of the Sons of the Revolution
of the State of New Hampshire,
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania to
Monmouth, New Jersey,
spent the night of June 19-1778 at the
farm house directly back of this marker.
The Continental Army encamped along
the road and billeted in the village of
Erected June 19…
James Gordon. . Home of James Gordon Colonel Revolutionary War Member of Assembly, State Senator First Supervisor Town Ballston Member of Congress Washington visited here 1783.
var plainText = document.getElementById('inscription…
Engineer's Office & Quarters. Barbados Garrison—. . . Engineer's Office & Quarters . Built circa 1720 . . The oldest 'house' within the Garrison. Known today as the 'Bush Hill House' or the George Washington House and Museum. . . George Washingt…
Mount Eagle Mansion. George Washington Visited Here Often. . This is the site of the Mount Eagle Mansion, built in 1790 by Bryan Fairfax. . . George Washington was a long-time friend of Fairfax. Washington visited here frequently and dined here the last…