New Jersey: Morris County Heritage Commission
Page 3 of 7 — Showing results 21 to 30 of 68
In 1861 the Wm. Bartley & Sons foundry was established here along the South Branch of the Raritan River. Workers made bridges, farm machinery, steam engines, and turbines. The High Bridge branch of the Central Railroad of New Jersey gave the foundry access …
This village spanning Mt. Olive and Washington Townships arose after Ebenezer Drake bought 200 acres here in 1759. An early tavern closed by the mid-1800s. By 1837 a school, store, and post office served local farm families. The 1855 Methodist Church became…
The site of the pastorate of Henry M. Muhlenberg D.D.Known as the father of Lutheranism in America
Congregation, organized 1740. Oldest of this denomination west of the Hudson River. Built 1856. Notable for Greek Revival architecture and rare interior Trompe L'Oeil painting.
A Revolutionary tavern, ownedby Colonel Ellis Cook, memberof the Morris County Militia.The tavern derived its namefrom Sussex County farmerswho stopped here enroute toNewark markets.Morris County Heritage CommissionNew Jersey Register of Historic Sites
Oldest Religious congregationin Morris County, establishedin 1718. Relocated at MeetingHouse here in 1755. Presentchurch built in 1835.
Monsieur Louis Sansay, Frenchdancing school here. Housewas site of ball honoringLafayette in 1825. Later homeof General Joseph Revere.National Register of Historic PlacesNew Jersey Register of Historic PlacesMorris County Heritage Commission
First Jewish place of worship in Morristown incorporated 1899. Present center, housing synagogue, chapel, Hebrew school and related organizations built by descendants of original congregation.
The churches of Medieval England inspired the design of this gothic revival edifice by architects McKim, Mead, and White. Built 1887 - 1911, it replaced an 1828 structure. Features include English stained glass, a 49-bell carillon, a rood screen of Spanish …
Gothic revival building is oldest standing church in Morristown. Replaced 1848 wooden church which ministered to Irish immigrant families in surrounding Dublin area.Morris County Heritage CommissionNew Jersey Register of Historic PlacesNational Register of …