This church was the first colony to go out from old Midway Congregational Church. The first building was erected in 1820 on land donated by Andrew Walthour. The present one, constructed near the original site in 1884, replaced buildings destroyed by fire and storm. Walthourville Presbyterian Church was organized in 1855. First pastors were the Rev. John Jones, supply, the Rev. Robert S. Mallard; elders, William Q. Baker, Thomas S. Mallard; deacons, David A. Miller, Thomas W. Quarterman. Second in size in Georgia Presbytery in 1861, this church led in benevolent gifts. The original site for Walthourville Cemetery nearby was donated by William D. Bacon in 1872.