In August 1905, the Fort Omaha post was reestablished with a new mission. The War Department designated Fort Omaha as a place of instruction for the technical duties in connection with the Signal Corps of the Army. With this change, the War Department allocated funding for new buildings at Fort Omaha to accommodate four [S]ignal [C]orps companies. One of the designated new buildings was a single non-commissioned officers' quarters. The 4,700 sq. ft., three story brick home was completed on August 6, 1906 at a cost of $9,642. The official name of the officers' quarters was Building 15. The building was used as a home ot many commanding officers while Fort Omaha served as a military site.
The Fort Omaha site was transferred to Metropolitan Community College in 1974 and Building 15 was used as transitional housing for college staff through 2004. In 2005, the home was restored as a residence for incoming College President, Dr. Jo Ann C. McDowell. The renovation resulted in a residence and formal gathering location for college functions, reclaiming the grandeur of the original residence built in 1906. On December 19, 2006, 100 years from original completion, the Metropolitan Community College Board of Governors designated the home as the College President's House directing the house be maintained at its current level of elegance.