Aug. 30, 1864. Davis' 14th A. C. [US], having moved from Red Oak to Shoal Creek Ch., was divided into 2 columns when marching therefrom to the Fayetteville Rd. (Highway 139). Morgan's & Carlin's divs. went S. E. by a winding road to the Evans farm (below Riverdale). Baird's div. moved N.E. from Shoal Creek Ch., on this, the Flat Shoals Rd. where, at this crossroads, the march of Wood's & Kimball's divs. (4th A. C.) S.E. from the Marcus Long house was halted till Baird could make the turn southward.
Baird's div. was aligned on the Fayetteville Rd., from here S. to Couch's (at Riverdale) where it rejoined Morgan & Carlin, at Evans' farm.