The original section of this house, which consisted of two rooms and a detached kitchen, was built prior to 1870. Later additions were made during the ownership of Dr. William Thomas Sims (1874-1928), who purchased the property in 1906. A prominent early dentist in Hillsboro, Dr. Sims was also a leader in civic activities and in the Methodist church. Later owners of the residence were Leroy and Lalia (Baldridge) Womack, local business and civic leaders. Purchased on their wedding day, December 24, 1934, it has remained in the family since that date.