The fountain was originally located on this site and presented to the City of Harper in the year 1909 by the Study and Social Club, under the direction of club president Mary Coulson and club founder and teacher, Josephine Weatherly, at a cost of $375.00.
Accepted on behalf of the city by then Mayor M. S. Shephard, the fountain replaced the town water pump and served as a watering station for man and animal for a period of 60 years before being replaced by a more modern structure in 1969.
In 1983, the fountain was restored and replaced on this original site through the direction of Brian Ede and combined efforts of the Harper Chamber of Commerce, Inc. with monetary contributions by many former and present area citizens, and is hereby dedicated with respect to the Citizens of Harper past, present, and future.
This fountain was accepted on behalf of the city by Mayor Hubert Johnson.
October 22, 1983