— Historic Downtown New Ulm —For years, the Crone store was the largest mercantile establishment in New Ulm. In 1857, Theodore Crone Sr. opened his general store at the corner of Broadway and Center Streets. Twelve years later, he erected this building, adding a substantial two-story addition on the north side in 1876. Crone played an important role in the city's economic growth as a founder of the Citizen's National Bank (1876). The family also owned the New Ulm Vinegar Works, Minnesota's largest vinegar factory, between 1885 and 1900.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 12th, 2014 at 4:46pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15T E 383543 N 4907878|
|Decimal Degrees||44.31483333, -94.46028333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 44° 18.89', W 94° 27.617'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||44° 18' 53.40" N, 94° 27' 37.02" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 108 N Minnesota St, New Ulm MN 56073, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.