The first school building was built around 1900 by local citizens. The building was located just across from the Methodist Church. The building was a one-room structure & there were 2 teachers who taught at the school. All pupils walked to school & had to walk to a spring to get their water. The next Red Bay School was located where our Bay Tree Park is now. That school was also a white frame building. The school was described as having four rooms downstairs, three rooms upstairs, & an auditorium. By 1910, there were 6 teachers in that school Red Bay did not have a 12th grade. This school burned in 1926. Classes were held in the churches in town & in the old theater building while the new school was being built. The new building, unlike the buildings before, was brick. In this new school building, grades 1-12 were taught. This was Red Bay's 1st high school. It opened in 1927-28.
In the 1930's the agriculture & home economics building was constructed. As enrollment increased, extra classrooms & a lunchroom were added. In 1949 a gymnasium was added. The junior high building & lunchroom were added in the mid 1950's.
On Nov 27, 1967, the 40-year-old building burned. Again, Classes were held in churches & Masonic Hall. A new modern elementary building was completed in 1969.The combined acreage of the Red Bay School Campus is approx. 40 acres. Red Bay has an outstanding educational & athletic program. The school lunchroom offers a nutritious breakfast as well as lunch.