Founded by the Augustana Lutheran Synod, in 1904. Synod representatives, seeking a location, selected Round Rock because of an offer of a well, 14 city lots, and freight concessions on building materials hauled by International & Great Northern Railroad. Cornerstone was laid on July 13, 1905, for a three-story native stone school building.
With Dr. J.A. Stamline serving as president, first session opened Oct. 2, 1906. There were four faculty members, 48 academic students, and 11 enrolled in the music departments. Total enrollment rose to 96 during the first year. Successive presidents were Alfred Anderson, 1909-1914; Theodore Seashore, 1914-1921; Dr. J.A. Stamline and Oscar Nelson, ad interim, 1921-1923; and Harry A. Alden, 1923-1929.
Despite such recognition as state accreditation (achieved 1920), school failed financially. In 1929 it merged with Evangelical Lutheran College, which was founded in 1891 at Brenham, moved to Seguin 1912, and with this merger became Texas Lutheran College.
On the vacated Round Rock campus, Lutheran Welfare Society on Oct. 9, 1929, opened Trinity Lutheran Homes, to care for children and aged persons. In 1972 only one of the former college buildings still survives.