Allen P. Green, with his wife and five children, came to Mexico in 1910 to manage a small, struggling brick plant. He soon bought it and founded the A.P. Green Fire Brick Company. It flourished and by 1937 had become the world's largest firebrick plant.
In building the company, Mr. Green bought several thousand acres for mining fireclay and eventually set aside this property for his family, where he and three of his children built homes. The first home, that of Walter G. and Martha Green Staley, was built in 1933, followed the next year by that of Arthur D. and Elizabeth Green Bond, and in 1938 by that of Robert S. and Susan Keays Green.
In 1941, Mr. Green and his wife Josephine Brown Green built their own Georgian style brick home on the property's most prominent hilltop. After their deaths in 1956 and 1957, their home was used as a guest house for visitors to the company until the closing of the firebrick plant in 2002.
The original four homes and the northern portion of the Estate remain as private property. In 2005, the southern portion of the Estate was donated to the City of Mexico by a great grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Green, Warren C. Smith, Jr. and his family. On May 13, 2006, the land was dedicated by the City as the "Green Estate Park".