Confederate RendezvousThe first Locust Old Fields Baptist Church was established here in 1803. It was among the first churches established west of Asheville. Although the original building no longer stands, it served the small community here for many years as a house of worship and a place of education. During the Civil War, it was a muster site for the local 112th Beaverdam Militia Regiment and a campground, according to local tradition.
|Series||This marker is part of the North Carolina Civil War Trails series|
|Placed By||North Carolina Civil War Trails|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at 8:20am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 333653 N 3933298|
|Decimal Degrees||35.52936667, -82.83473333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 35° 31.762', W 82° 50.084'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||35° 31' 45.72" N, 82° 50' 5.04" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||704, 828|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 27-31 Locust St, Canton NC 28716, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.