1867-1911Near this site stood the first Public School in Vermont for special training of teachers. It burned in 1893; rebuilt at a cost of $12,000 in 1894. Many of the 1623 graduates had long and distinguished careers in the educational professions. Four Principals served: Edward W. Conant, "Father of Vermont Normal Schools", Abel E. Leavenworth, Andrew W. Edson, and Charles H. Morrill.Presented by the R.S.N.S. Alumni Assoc. Erected by the Board of Historic Sites. Dedicated in August. A.D. 1965.
|Placed By||Vermont Board of Historic Sites|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, December 28th, 2014 at 9:01am PST -08:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 692060 N 4868022|
|Decimal Degrees||43.94026667, -72.60688333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 43° 56.416', W 72° 36.413'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||43° 56' 24.96" N, 72° 36' 24.78" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near E Bethel Rd, Randolph VT 05061, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.