Resort home built 1899 by William Henry Reid of Chicago. Architect Theodore C. Link of St. Louis. design reflects simplicity favored at end of Victorian era. Upper floors are wood with verandas on four sides. Lower floor is Beaver Limestone. In 1892, Reid donated a central school named in his honor.
Arkansas Historic Preservation Program
|Placed By||Greater Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce and the Community Development Partnership, and Dept of Arkansas Heritage|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, January 4th, 2015 at 9:01pm PST -08:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15S E 433744 N 4029416|
|Decimal Degrees||36.40763333, -93.73895000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 36° 24.458', W 93° 44.337'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||36° 24' 27.48" N, 93° 44' 20.22" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||501, 479|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 75 Prospect Ave, Eureka Springs AR 72632, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.