Constructed between 1903 and 1905, the Martin House Complex has seen more than a century of life, as well as considerable wear and tear. It is being brought back to its former glory in one of the most ambitious projects ever undertaken to restore a Frank Lloyd Wright-designed property. The Complex is being restored to its condition in 1907, its designated "year of significance," when Frank Lloyd Wright had declared it complete, the Martin family was in residence, and no major alterations had yet been made. Dining Room of the Martin House (circa 1907). Photo by Henry Fuermann and Sons, courtesy of the Archives of the University at Buffalo. Major Support Provided By · New York State · County of Erie · U.S. Government · The East Hill Foundation · The John R. Oishei Foundation · The Margaret L. Wendt Foundation Strategic Partners · New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation · University at Buffalo, State University of New York · Neighbors Living in the Parkside Historic District Contributions Can Be Directed To: Martin House Restoration Corporation · 143 Jewett Parkway · Buffalo, NY 14214. Tel: 716.856.3858 · Fax: 716-856-4009 · www.darwinmartinhouse.org Restoration Architects: HHL Architects, LLC; Theodore L. Lownie, Lead Architect Eleanor and Wilson Greatbatch Pavilion Architect: Toshiko Mori Architect Construction Manager: LPCiminelli Original construction team at the Martin House (circa 1904). University Archives, University at Buffalo, SUNY View looking north through the 100-foot pergola into the conservatory toward the Nike of Samothrace Cast (circa 1907). Photo by Henry Fuermann and Sons, courtesy of the Archives of the University at Buffalo. "The telescopic view of the Nike of Samothrace that was visible from the main entrance of the Martin House was the most powerful and compelling synthesis of architecture and narrative, anywhere in Wright's work."-Jack Quinan, Martin House senior curator, noted Wright scholar and professor of art history. [center panel]:Tour the Martin House Complex Tours: A variety of docent-led tours are offered on a daily basis, except Tuesdays. Reservations are strongly recommended. Tours begin in the Eleanor and Wilson Greatbach Pavilion. Reservations Strongly Recommended: Make your reservation by calling the Martin House Offices at 716.856.3858 or 877.377.3858 or visit www.darwinmartinhouse.org Parking: Visitors are requested to park in the Buffalo Zoo parking lot at the corner of Jewett Parkway and Parkside Avenue (two blocks west). For more information visit: www.darwinmartinhouse.org Darwin D. Martin House Complex Reception Room of the Darwin Martin House. Photo by kc kratt photography. A replica of the classical sculpture Nike, also known as the Winged Victory, graces the Martin House Conservatory. Photo by Biff Heinrich/IMG_INK .This view photographed from Summit Avenue shows the Martin House Complex (circa 1910). The Martin House (far left), the Pergola connecting the Conservatory (center), and the Barton House (far right). Photo by Henry Fuermann and Sons, 1907. University Archives, University at Buffalo, SUNY. Wright first designed his famous barrel chair for the Martin House. Photo by Biff Henrich, courtesy of the Albright-Knox Art Gallery.