123 N. Main Cross St.The oldest section of this building, the ell that faces Court Square, was built in the early 1800's and used as a stage coach stop. In use as a hotel by 1833, this building was used to house victims of the cholera epidemic. The oldest section of the home is colonial style with small windows, a low ceiling and a large fireplace used for cooking. The brick is laid in a Fleming Bond pattern. The rest of the house is early Victorian style with large rooms & windows and extensive woodwork. The sidewalk is original brick in a herringbone pattern. The remains of the original stables are buried under a building located just around the corner on W. Main Street.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, May 24th, 2015 at 10:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 261391 N 4256260|
|Decimal Degrees||38.42275000, -83.73325000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 25.365', W 83° 43.995'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 25' 21.9" N, 83° 43' 59.7" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||606, 859|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 101 N Main Cross St, Flemingsburg KY 41041, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.