In December 1886, Evangelist J.P. Pinkerton led 26 people from 19 families to found this church. Members met in the Shackelford County courthouse. Miss Betty Parker then gave $50 to buy land for a one-room frame building completed in January 1889 at South Third and Pecan. In 1920, the church sold that property to the American Legion, when Mr.s J.W. Eaheart donated land at South Second and Walnut. The new church, which included a fellowship hall and seven Sunday school rooms, was dedicated on September 11, 1921. The church was remodeled and enlarged in 1953. A congregation of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), this pioneer Albany church continues to witness and worship here, and to serve this community.