"The Big House"Originally a 218.02 acre Spanish land grant to Valery Bergeron in the late 1700's, Warwick Flanigan built in 1860 a Greek Revival mansion for Isidore Daigle. In 1871 property sold to Auguste J. Levert, Sr. and Leon Bernard. Levert bought Bernard's interest in 1874 and remained the sole owner until his death in 1886 when his three sons became heirs. August J. Levert, Jr., bought his brothers' interest in 1888.
|Placed By||August J. Levert, Jr., Family LLC|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, August 16th, 2015 at 5:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15R E 668222 N 3359021|
|Decimal Degrees||30.35138333, -91.24975000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 30° 21.083', W 91° 14.985'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||30° 21' 4.98" N, 91° 14' 59.1" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 8122 S River Rd, Addis LA 70710, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.