(Top marker) Society Founded 1780, Church Built 1792-First Trustees; David Sayres, Judah Swain, William Smith, Constance Smith, John Champion John Corson, William Goff.
(Bottom left marker) The Head of the River Methodist Episcopal Church is on both the National and New Jersey registers of Historic Buildings and Sites.
(Bottom right marker) Head of the River M.E. Church and Cemetery-Est 1792. This plaque was presented on October 12, 2003 by the New Jersey Sarah Soper Chapter of the National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century, to recognize the historic significance of this site and its importance to the community and its people.