The Arizona Copper Company of Morenci, Arizona purchased five of these locomotives between 1882 and 1886 to haul ore on the Coronado railroad.
The H. K. Porter Company of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania manufactured them in 1882.
Locomotive #2 ran on 20" tracks. This is 16" less than narrow gauge, and 36 1/2" less than standard gauge tracks.
The small locomotive measures only 17 feet long, by 5 feet 5 inches wide and weighs just 11 tons.
Locomotive #2 was abandoned in 1923 at the top of the steep 1,200 foot Coronado Incline.
Phelps Dodge Morenci, Inc. recovered it in 1990 from the top of the incline at Morenci Mine and donated it to the Arizona Department of Mines and Mineral Resources.
Restoration funding was provided by the Arizona Heritage Fund and Phelps Dodge Morenci, Inc.
The locomotive was donated by Phelps Dodge Morenci, Inc.