Pioneer Church of Wyoming
—A National Historic Place —Finding "the wickedness unimaginable and appalling," the Rev. Joseph Cook organized St. Mark's Parish Jan. 27, 1868, in Cheyenne, Dakota Territory, then a railroad winter camp. The first church at 18th and Carey Avenue was dedicated in August 1868 and was the first church building erected and dedicated in Wyoming.
|Placed By||Family and Friends of Ruth Beggs Parker|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 19th, 2016 at 11:39am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||13T E 515417 N 4553848|
|Decimal Degrees||41.13580000, -104.81630000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 8.148', W 104° 48.978'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 8' 8.88" N, 104° 48' 58.68" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||307, 712|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 100-112 W 19th St, Cheyenne WY 82001, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.